Hello creators Arduino Rock Paper Scissors is one of the interesting Arduino Project which you can do at home with basic knowledge of Arduino and it’s sensors.
Here i will be giving you Arduino rock paper scissors code along with detailed instructions of circuit diagram and how it’s made.
What is Rock paper scissors Arduino
Well, all might have played this game atleast once or most of times in their childhood or some even now! i have given a twist for this game using arduino, generally this is a two player game here one player is replaced by Arduino, You can also call this as cool Arduino robot which interacts with you!
Video link for this project is given below Don’t forget to check it out
Features of Arduino rock paper scissors robot
- When you get hand close to sensor robot starts to work
- Any random(rock, paper or scissors) will show up
- U can’t cheat with this device!
- Made using simple components
- Very fun to play with
- You will not get bored!
Supplies Required to make this Arduino Project
- Arduino UNO, i Recommend to use the same because when i tried with nano i faced some issues while running the code
- Breadboard(only we require power rails) alternatively any other common power railing device can be use(set of wires)
- Ultrasonic distance sensor i use HC-SR04
- 3x Micro servos (plastic geared works fine)
- Jumper wires
- MDF or any other alternative for making frame
- Sign boards as per your customization
- External DC power supply source i used 2 lithium ion batteries connected in series to power this
- Double sided gum tape
- Arduino IDE
- Arduino programming cable
- Do u know that smartphone also can be use to upload code to Arduino uno ? we will talk about this alter for now we shall use computer for this purpose
|Component||Buy in India||Buy in USA|
|Jumper wires and Breadboard||https://amzn.to/3qHY406||https://amzn.to/2OPKmu6|
Disclosure: These are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn some credits from qualifying purchases.
Once all these supplies are put up in single place(saves time) we will make circuit connection using jumper wires.
Please follow below circuit diagram for component connections
Circuit Diagram Explanation
- Alas! This Circuit diagram is too complicate! Many might have thought same, But honestly speaking you are judging a book by its cover! this is so damn easy to make, read the steps below
- Vcc and Gnd of all electronic components used here i.e Micro servo and Ultrasonic sensor will be connect to positive and negative power rails of Breadboard
- Signal pins from micro servo are connect to Digital pins D3,D6 and D9
- Trig and Echo pins will go to D11 and D10
- When all this connections are complete, Don’t forget to connect +5v and Gnd pins from Arduino Uno to + and – pins to Breadboard
- Now you can release your breath, well i said you it was damn easy!
- Complete the circuit connections later upload this code, if you don’t know how to upload code to arduino Uno i request to check out my detailed article on the same in my very older posts!
Arduino Rock Paper Scissors Code
After you upload this code check if your project works, Definitely it should.
Note: Project won’t work from power supply given from USB. Hence we need external power supply, i used dc power supply by coupling 2 lithium ion batteries connected in series, best part here is these batteries are rechargeable and can give long backup time.
Frame for Arduino Project
Once Everything is set and ready to use we will put up everything in piece of MDF wood base and closure made from cardboard, Refer visuals below to know how this is done
- Use gum tape to couple components to board so that the work will be cleaner
- I hand drawn the logos for game and painted it, Printer can eliminate this burden for you
- Using hot glue i have attached these logos/sign boards or whatever you call to shafts of Micro servo
- Initially make sure the shafts are in default rest position
- Allow hot glue to dry completely and later test out your project by giving dc power supply, Definitely it will work fine
- No matter how hard you try you can’t cheat in this game as you can’t Predict the upcoming case. It is random and hence you need a lot of practice to defend this!
Click here to see how to play Arduino Rock paper Scissors Game
That was all about Arduino Rock paper Scissors game, Hope you loved this idea there are lots of other cool arduino projects on this site that you might have missed, Please do check out my Arduino Projects and science projects section
As always if you have any queries or suggestion for improvements for this or any other add-ons to be made let me know in the comments box below